Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Favorite Paleo Snacks

I'm slightly addicted to cooking. I get the kitchen clean, look up and the clock and decide I have time to make one more Paleo treat. Kitchen becomes a mess, again, especially when I have helpers at my toes. And, I'm frantically cleaning up the last of the mess as the babysitter arrives, and I sprint off to work.

In the spirit of reducing my cooking/preparing workload, here are some of my favorite ready-made Paleo snacks. Most of them make it easier to keep the kids Paleo, as they rarely have the patience to wait. If I've pre-planned, they may have a better Paleo snack available, but these are great to have on hand in a pinch.

Lara Bars - most are Paleo, though watch for some containing peanuts (I've made these at home, too, and they are very good. Will post on that, maybe tomorrow)



Simple Truth Natural Exotic Root Vegetable Chils: These are Kroger's organic brand version of the Terra chips. They are just a delicious, and cost about $0.10 less per ounce. 









Stretch Island Fruit Leathers: These are mostly for the kids' lunch boxes. They are available at Kroger, but cheaper on Amazon in bulk. All fruit! 











Dried Sweet Baby Pineapple: My only other Paleo friend commented, "who needs candy?" when she tried these. Available at Trader Joe's. We are also big fans of the Just Mango slices at TJ's. 









Hope to post about some great homemade snacks soon! 






No comments:

Post a Comment