Husband loved it, too. Look it over, then I'll tell you how it can be modified.
THAI CHICKEN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Prep time - 15 min.
Cook time - 8 min.
Total time - 23 min.
A simple thai inspired chicken dish made healthy with zucchini noodles.
Author: Gina Matsoukas
- 1 chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large zucchini, peeled/spiralized (I used a julienne peeler)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream from a can
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and melt coconut oil.
- Season chicken breast with salt & pepper and once hot, add to skillet.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and shred, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine, peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, garlic & jalapeno. Whisk together and set aside.
- Combine shredded chicken in a large bowl with peeled/spiralized zucchini, cilantro, cashews and carrots.
- Pour the sauce in the bowl and toss to combine.
OK, I replaced peanut butter with almond butter. Forgot at first to add the honey and coconut cream because it's not in the instructions, so I had a good before and after taste. Coconut makes it creamier like you'd expect from a Thai dish. That, and honey, make it sweeter, but not so much that you can't leave either of them out. Try putting those two ingredients last and see the difference for yourself.
Enjoy! Making it again tonight.